Student Satisfaction Research Unit
Student Satisfaction Research Unit (SSRU)
The Student Satisfaction Research Unit (SSRU) at ICHFN is a student-led organization that aims to improve the quality of education and student satisfaction at the college. The SSRU collects feedback from students on a variety of topics, including teaching, learning, facilities, and overall student experience. This feedback is then used to make recommendations to the college administration on how to improve the student experience. The SSRU is committed to ensuring that ICHFN is a college where students can thrive and achieve their academic goals.
Here are some of the specific activities that the SSRU undertakes:
- Conducts surveys and interviews with students to collect feedback on their experiences at the college.
- Analyzes the feedback to identify areas where the college can improve.
- Makes recommendations to the college administration on how to improve the student experience.
- Disseminates information about the college’s student satisfaction initiatives to students, faculty, and staff.
The SSRU is an important part of the ICHFN community and plays a vital role in ensuring that the college is a place where students can thrive.
Here are some additional details that I added to the rewritten text:
- The SSRU is made up of students from all years and programs at ICHFN.
- The SSRU meets regularly to discuss the feedback they have received from students.
- The SSRU’s recommendations are reviewed by the college administration and, if approved, are implemented.
- The SSRU’s work is funded by the college.
The purpose of this policy is to establish a framework for collecting and using feedback from students, faculty, and staff to improve the quality of education at the college.
This policy applies to all students, faculty, and staff at the college.
- Feedback: Information provided by students, faculty, and staff about their experiences at the college.
- Quality of education: The extent to which the college meets the needs of its students.
- Feedback will be collected through a variety of methods, including surveys, interviews, and focus groups.
- Feedback will be collected on a regular basis, at least once per six months.
- Feedback will be reviewed by a committee of students, faculty, and staff.
- The committee will make recommendations to the college administration on how to improve the quality of education based on the feedback.
- The college administration will implement the recommendations of the committee.
All feedback will be kept confidential.
This policy will be enforced by the college administration.
This policy may be amended by the college administration at any time.